Are you satisfied with new Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO) Website.?
Project Name: Construction of Jabori Hydropower Project
Capacity of the Project: 10.2 MW
Location of the Project: Jabori, Mansehra.
· To construct a 10.2 MW Hydel Power Plant in the Village of Jabori at District Mansehra.
· Construct a Weir for stopping and diverting the water of Siran River at Village Sachaan.
· Transport the diverted water through Open Channel and then through Tunnel with an approximate length of 2,900 meters to the site of Power House.
· Power House to be constructed having two units each of 5.1 MW at Village Granthali.
· Power Transmission Line of 132KV having a tentative Line Length of 15,000 meters shall be constructed to transfer the energy produced to the nearest Substation at Battal.
In an effort to overcome the power shortage of the province / country, these small run of the river projects are being undertaken with minimal / no environmental effects as are in the case of other power projects.
After commissioning of the project, generate tentative revenue of Rs. 749 Million per year for the Department / GoKP.
· To overcome the power shortfall of the country by adding 10.2MW power in the national grid.
· To produce green energy by having minimal / no environmental effects.
· To generate revenue for the province.
· To create job opportunities for the local people of surrounding villages.
· To run the economic cycle in the remote areas of Mansehra District.
· So far, 60% of the work on Project has been completed.