Are you satisfied with new Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO) Website.?
Name of the Project: Daral Khwar Hydropower ProjectCapacity of the Project: 36.6MW
Location: Daral Khwar, Bahrain, Swat
Brief Description of the Project:
Daral Khwar Hydropower Project with an estimated capacity of 36.6 MW is in the construction phase as a run-of-river type hydropower project on Daral Khwar, a right tributary of Swat River near Bahrain Town in District Swat.
The works comprise:
· Weir including intake and diversion works.
· Connection Tunnel, Sand trap, Headrace Tunnel, Surge Tank, Penstock Tunnel, Valve Chamber, Embedded Penstock and Road Crossing Structure.
· Power House and Auxiliary Structure, three Pelton Turbines (2x15.3MW & 1x6MW) with Inlet Valves & Governor.
· Switch yard with 132 KV GIS (Gas Insulated Substation) Switchgear.
· 132 KV, 10 km Transmission Line to Madyan grid station.
· Residential Colony and Infrastructure, Rest House, Hospital and Degree College.Objectives
The prime objective of the implementation of this project is to develop the power potential available in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on sustainable basis and thus provide cheaper, renewable, environment friendly and most needed power, keeping in mind the present and future requirements of Pakistan, especially rural and remote areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The development of this project is to provide adequate facilities for the generation transmission and distribution of electrical energy keeping in view the future requirements for industrial, agriculture and economic development of the country.
The project is creating employment opportunity during construction and operation phases of the project directly. The revenues of the Govt. would increase due to direct and indirect taxation, duties and levies on the production of goods and services that will result from the power generation benefits within the project area as well as from the electricity duty collected by the federal Government or any other agency. Sales of electricity are direct revenue which will be collected by PEDO/Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The indirect benefits would include the creation of employment opportunities for the local and improved standard of living of the area and vicinity. There will be multiple effects on socio-economic development of the region, communication, infrastructure, forestry, cottage industry, live stock development and other opportunities would open up with this project.